‘IT’ Blu-ray Deleted Scenes Revealed!
Andy Muschietti’s IT is arriving on home video in January, and the big question on every lips (chapped lips) is exactly what to expect From the deleted scenes that have been teased at. The folks over at Blu-ray.com’s forums are first to report on what to expect. Whilst we are not getting the extended cut that Muschietti spoke about earlier on in the year, this is as close as we are going to get. The details are below.
“Okay, here’s the rundown of extras:”
- Pennywise Lives (16:25) – a behind-the-scenes featurette about Pennywise, of course.
- The Losers’ Club (15:42) – a featurette about the child actors in the movie.
- Author of Fear (13:51) – an extended interview with Stephen King, who talks at length about writing the book. He mentions that Derry was based off a town in Maine called Bangor.
- “Georgie Catches Boat (Opening Gag Scene)”: When Georgie grabs for the boat in the opening…he gets it and walks away, saying “See you later!” to a frustrated Pennywise. Gotta admit, I laughed.
- “Stanley’s Dad corrects him (Extended scene)”: Stanley is reciting Hebrew in a synagogue, but his Dad jumps in to correct his pronunciation.
- “Denbrough family dinner”: Bill sits at the dinner table while his Dad reads a magazine and his Mum washes up. Bill starts talking about their family trip for the year, but his Mum walks off upset. His Dad explains that Georgie was really looking forward to it.
- “Bill’s Dad looks in the basement, et all”: After Bill has his encounter with Pennywise in the basement, he runs into his father. His Dad has a look in the basement, doesn’t find anything, and tells Bill to go to bed. Meanwhile, Henry tries to sneak out past his Dad, and gets into a car with Victor and Belch. They see Mike ride past on his bike.
- “Outside the Neibolt house”: Mike, Beverly, Ben and Stanley are outside the house while Bill, Eddie and Richie are inside. Stanley talks about not being able to go inside while Mike comforts him. Ben places his hand on Beverly’s shoulder.
- “Evacuating the Neibolt house (Extended scene)”: Just an extended scene of the Losers’ Club leaving the house and getting on their bikes.
- “Stanley’s Bar Mitzvah speech”: Self-explanatory. Stanley delivers a speech after his Bar Mitzvah about “indifference,” during which there’s a brief montage showing what the other kids are up to. He makes a bit of a scene and storms off while Richie claps.
- “Eddie at Keene’s pharmacy (Extended scene)”: Just an extended scene at the pharmacy as Eddie talks to the girl who signs his cast with “Loser.”
- “Henry and Bullies wait outside (Extended scene)”: As the Losers’ Club heads into the Neibolt house, Henry sits in his car with his face covered in blood. Belch and Victor are dead with throats slit.
- “The Losers find Georgie’s walkie”: Bill picks up Georgie’s walkie right before Henry attacks Mike at the top of the well.
- “Denbrough family vacation”: After saying goodbye to Beverly at the end of the movie, Bill and his parents are packing for the family vacation Bill was talking about in an earlier deleted scene. This subplot does kind of enhance the family dynamic. As the car drives away, the camera pulls in to the drain where Georgie was taken. Camera stops, and rain starts to hit the pavement. This would have been a perfect final shot.
IT arrives on home video is several guises. There’s a streaming version due within the next few weeks and your usual dvd and Blu-Ray plus a 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack/Blu-ray, all arriving on January 9, 2018.