Dead by Daylight Reveals Chapter 18 ‘A Binding of Kin’
This week started with a teaser of what was to come, which showed the peaceful woodland setting being broken with a shrill cry and a claw swiping.
— Dead by Daylight (@DeadByBHVR) November 6, 2020
This had the community leaping at ideas of what it could be?
until dawn lol pic.twitter.com/VIuPkvdlVz
— Peresum (@PeresumSfw) November 6, 2020
Both, The Ring Creature and the Grudge Creature crawling.
I’m about 80% sure it’s one of them 😅 it would bee too weird if we got another L4D paragraph tbh. pic.twitter.com/xh0v2hdAVu
— K1LLER ZOMBIE 1 (YT) (@K1LLER_ZOMBIE_1) November 6, 2020
But we did not have long to wait as the teaser for Chapter XVIII: A Binding of Kin dropped in the days following. This revealed one of the most unique killers we have seen in a long time, with the introduction of Charlotte and Victor, known as The Twins. This unique killer is actually two, as Charlotte carys her parasitic twin, Victor, inside her. Charlotte’s killer power gives her the ability to release Victor out into the map to detect, hunt and even down the survivors.
The Twins look like this
and they have the following perks:
- You protect what little you have and are perceptive to those rummaging through your stockpiles.
- Receive a loud noise notification when Survivors interact with a chest or when they pick up an item within 24 meters of your location.
- The trial begins with up to 2 additional chests in the environment. The rarity of items found in all chests is decreased.
- Life has been difficult for you, so you’ll make it difficult for others.
- When you damage a generator, up to 3 other random generators also begin regressing.
- If the affected generators are being repaired, any Survivors repairing them receive a difficult Skill Check.
- Oppression has a cooldown of 120 seconds.
Coup De Grace:
- As the end nears, you go in for the kill.
- Each time a generator is completed, Coup de Grace grows in power. Gain a token.
- Consume one token to increase the distance of your next lunge attack by 60%.
The chapter also comes with a survivor called Élodie Beaumont
Who has the following perks:
- You have a careful eye that notices what many overlook.
- Start the trial with 3 tokens. When a chest has already been opened, consume a token to search it for an item.
- You unlock chests 80% faster.
- Your adventurous lifestyle requires moments of crafty misdirection.
- Interacting with a locker while sprinting will trigger a loud noise notification at your location and cause you to leave no scratch marks for 3 seconds.
- You no longer enter lockers while sprinting and while this perk is active.
- You’ve never given up and you’re not about to start now.
- While being carried by The Killer, reaching 25% progress activates Power Struggle. While Power Struggle is active, you can drop a nearby pallet to Stun The Killer.
- Power Struggle is deactivated when it triggers successfully.
Sadly no new map, but this may be due to their current plan of updating all the current maps in the game. On the PTB several of the newly updated maps .
If you want to see how the new Killer works in theh game check out the below video from not Otzdarva
No news on when this chapter will be available, but expect it to hit in the next month or so.
You can meet me, Lallen, in the fog over Steam, or check out my streams and videos over on youtube. Let us know your thoughts on DBD in the comments below or on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! You can also carry on the convo with me personally on Twitter @Lallen_UK
Dead by Daylight is one of my favorite horror titles, and this gloriously dark title will be heading to next-gen gaming consoles when they launch in the next couple of weeks. The asymmetric survival horror video game pits four players against a killer, with the task...
With cross-play imminent on Dead by Daylight, many gamer are speculating on just how this is going to effect certain expansions. Paulie Esther looks at CHAPTER VI: A Nightmare on Elm Street and just how the developers, over at Behaviour Interactive, will...
Dead by Daylight is about get a new chapter, courtesy of Konami, with Silent Hill. This will be the sixteenth Chapter DLC for Dead by Daylight and the second based on a video game, with survivor William "Bill" Overbeck hailing from Left 4 Dead. The New chapter will...